qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu development schedule?

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu development schedule?
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 10:28:44 +0200

This is my plan too. When multiple GUIs will be integrated there will be a glue API so that no patches are needed in the QEMU core.

Fabrice.

Lionel Ulmer wrote:
So? Fabrice has said that he'll add support got the Win32 GUI directly if some
one sends a patch for it ... surely this makes it hard to port to the Linux
platform???

My only problem with that is that I do not wish to see the QEMU code go down
the #ifdef / #endif hell (with #ifdef X11 / COCOA / WIN32 / .... sprinkled
anywhere over the code).

So such patches are great .... if they are based on a framework that make
adding new display / input / sound drivers painless (i.e. without touching a
single line of code in QEMU's main code).

             Lionel