qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU for Solaris - FAST! Open Source Cross Platform

From: Bochnig, Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU for Solaris - FAST! Open Source Cross Platform CPU-Emulator
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 16:51:54 +0200

Harry Sufehmi wrote:

Hi Harry,

thanks to Eric's, Juergen's help (and even SUN Thailand sent me a patch today for improving the sources bundled with the pkg) - I'm very happy about that :))

> One question - any idea when/if we'll see QEMU on Solaris/SPARC (as
> opposed to Solaris/x86) ?

My guess is that it'll be mighty hard to do, but surely I can wait in anticipation :-)

Yes and no - I got it compiled under Solaris 10_60 SPARC (full system emulation mode).The SDL window pops up. Executing qemu w/o arguments prints usage information to the screen.
The QEMU "monitor" cli is functional.
But the emulation engine doesn't do anything, unfortunately not.

Under Linux SPARC, both system emulation as well as user mode Linux_x86 emulation do work (under certain circumstances; unstable).
Any ideas?

Regards,
Martin

cheers,