qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Perl script to help write savevm handlers

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Perl script to help write savevm handlers
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 12:16:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

while investigating why Win98 after loadvm'ing is no longer able to use
slirp networking, I wrote this simple script. Given the name of a
struct and a name for the handler and a file containing the struct, it
outputs a load and a save function, and a line you have to add in your
init function. It is a very dumb script, but it works for me.

Just try it:

        perl struct2savevm.pl NE2000State ne2000 hw/ne2000.c

and you'll see what I mean.

Ciao,
Dscho

P.S.: Inserting that handler didn't help the networking problem, it still
persists.