qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] still trying to use TLS

From: Rafael Ávila de Espíndola
Subject: [Qemu-devel] still trying to use TLS
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:09:05 -0300

I have successfully fixed the problem of the code generated by one thread
being invalid for another. The solution is to generate code with the gs
prefix and compute the offsets from gs:0.

One think that is missing is to simulate the per thread gdt that the kernel
maintains (ie. alter the simulated gdt when clone is called with
CLONE_SETTLS). I will study how qemu simulates the segments and see if I can
implement that.

Rafael