qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu not working with Windows 95 or 98SE

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu not working with Windows 95 or 98SE
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:02:23 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Vlado,

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Vlado Plaga wrote:

> after some rather frustrating hours of installing Windows, changing the
> configuration, rebooting, changing, rebooting, re-installing,
> rebooting... I'm giving it up. But maybe someone on the list can give me
> some helpful advice or at least confirm that I've tried it correctly.

A better place to ask this question is
        http://www.dad-answers.com/qemu-forum/index.php

Nevertheless, here a quick answer:

Win98 works quite fine here. I installed it from scratch. I used user net
all the time. The network is 10.0.2.x, not 192.168.0.x. Also note that
ping is not a reliable method to test the networking in QEmu. If you still
have problems, I will gladly help you on the forum!

Hth,
Dscho