qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu booting FreeBSD image

From: jmf
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu booting FreeBSD image
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:35:18 -0400 (EDT)

I successfully downloaded and ran the netbsd image from freeoszoo.org so I
decided to try making my own FreeBSD image.

I made a raw image of an entire hard disk. There is nothing on the disk but
FreeBSD. I made the image, swapped hard disks, and booted linux to run the
linux qemu program.

When I start qemu, the boot loader appears

$  qemu -hda myimage -m 256 -pci

Booting from Hard Disk...

F1 FreeBSD

Default: F1

I press enter,  or let the timer run out, and then qemu hangs indefinitely
without booting the OS. Is there something wrong with the image, or do I need
some special parameter?

I also tried

$  qemu -hda myimage -m 256

$  qemu -hda myimage