qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu not working with Windows 95 or 98SE

From: Laurent Amon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu not working with Windows 95 or 98SE
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 14:38:26 +0200

On 24 sept. 04, at 18:02, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004, Vlado Plaga wrote:

after some rather frustrating hours of installing Windows, changing the
configuration, rebooting, changing, rebooting, re-installing,
rebooting... I'm giving it up. But maybe someone on the list can give me
some helpful advice or at least confirm that I've tried it correctly.

Win98 works quite fine here. I installed it from scratch. I used user net
all the time. The network is 10.0.2.x, not 192.168.0.x. Also note that
ping is not a reliable method to test the networking in QEmu. If you still
have problems, I will gladly help you on the forum!

In addition to this, there was a patch a month ago on the list patching slirp.c to use SMB in user mode. Also, do not forget to create your LMHOSTS file or you will not be able to connect if you don't have a DNS handy.

Lga.