qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] What is the bottleneck?

From: Stefan Kombrink
Subject: [Qemu-devel] What is the bottleneck?
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 23:03:52 +0200

Hi,

 I'm very impressed by the functionality of qemu at the current state of
development. It's easier to handle than vmware or win4lin, but still slower.

Running win98 I got the impression that the speed is sometimes limited by
graphics operations, whichs makes me wonder, because SDL should use the
hardware acceleration capabilities of the graphics cards.
Will it be possible to speed up graphics simply by improving the driver or are
memory transfers the bottleneck?

greetings,
  Stefan K. >8^)