qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU feature idea: simple macros/scripting

From: Lionel Ulmer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU feature idea: simple macros/scripting
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:09:23 +0200

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 02:19:39AM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> > Macros/Scripting. For the most part, on my machines Windows is a very
> > manual labor intensive peripheral.
>
> I started to write a vnc frontend for QEmu. On the other end, I started to
> write a scriptable vnc viewer. The use of this? Macros/Scripting for QEmu,
> but also Macros/Scripting for everything which can be controlled by a
> vncviewer. For now, I use an adaption of vncrec, which just records inputs
> and timestamps, and play those inputs back later.

What could also be investigated is the 'regression' tool supposedly written
by CodeWeavers for Wine (I never played with it so I do not know the current
status - i.e. freely distributable or not) but it looks similar to what you
want to do: automatic button presses on dialog buttons, checking of results,

The problem is that I have no idea if it works at a pure 'bitmap' level or
if it needs to have knowledge of the window hierarchy and stuff like that
(i.e. hooks into Win32 or X11 via some API calls).

     Lionel

--
                 Lionel Ulmer - http://www.bbrox.org/