qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Patch] Clear memory using memset instead of handcoded loop

From: Daniel Egger
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Clear memory using memset instead of handcoded loop
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 13:45:51 +0200

Hija,

while profiling the lastest qemu snapshot on OS X I discovered
that one of the tb_hash clearing routines turnes up to be a
"hotspot" during my typical test procedure which includes
booting an installed Debian Sarge RC.

Attached patch turnes three handcoded memory clearing routines
into a call to memset which will be optimized by every serious
compiler into either a very optimized inline sequence for the
CPU or at least into a call of an optimized memory clearing
function (bzero on Darwin 7.5 with gcc 3.3).

Please CC me on replies.

Servus,
      Daniel