qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Clear memory using memset instead of handcoded

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Patch] Clear memory using memset instead of handcoded loop
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 15:38:22 +0200

Applied.

Fabrice.

Daniel Egger wrote:
Hija,

while profiling the lastest qemu snapshot on OS X I discovered
that one of the tb_hash clearing routines turnes up to be a
"hotspot" during my typical test procedure which includes
booting an installed Debian Sarge RC.

Attached patch turnes three handcoded memory clearing routines
into a call to memset which will be optimized by every serious
compiler into either a very optimized inline sequence for the
CPU or at least into a call of an optimized memory clearing
function (bzero on Darwin 7.5 with gcc 3.3).

Please CC me on replies.

Servus,
      Daniel