qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Network glitches

From: william.greenland
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Network glitches
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 15:02:13 +0100

Hi.

I'm noticing odd behaviour in my qemu setup.  I have:

Linux i386 host (Gentoo, running i386-softmmu)
Windows 2k guest
Ethernet bridging to eth0 and tun0

The networking from the host works perfectly.  From the guest, it
*mostly* works fine, for example I can ssh to the host OS and other
machines far away, browse the web, etc.  But there are a couple of
exceptions, which are perhaps technically uninteresting, but
irritating nonetheless:

FileZilla won't connect to my host OS
RealPlayer won't sign in to "premium content" (although it plays
standard streams just fine).

My questions:

a) Has anyone else seen/resolved such glitches?
b) Any suggestions for where to look for the cause?

By way of comparison, the trial version of vmware had no such
problems, and I'm behind an adsl router, so I doubt it's a NAT/port
forwarding thing.  I did try forwarding all ports to the guest OS but
that didn't help.  Pinging the guest OS from the host does work.

My bridging setup is

       outside world (real IP address)
       hardware router (192.168.0.1)

       br0 (192.168.0.10)