qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu floppy emulation problems - partially solved

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Qemu floppy emulation problems - partially solved
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 18:13:15 +0100

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 03:37:05PM +0200, Mike Nordell wrote:

> Now for the software problem, I'm sorry to say your patch didn't help. With
> your patch (as applied and compiled in the bios binary image in CVS), NT
> still believes the floppy only got 31 cylinders.

OK.  But Fabrice changed a few things.

The patch as I did it also altered the use of the table as presented in two
different APIs.  So does it make any difference if you use the BIOS image I
posted,  or does that also fail to help?

> Could it be that this information, using a real BIOS, is first copied down
> to the BIOS playground area (0040:xxxx), appends the extra knowledge (i.e.
> maxtrack = 79) and then it points the 1e interrupt vector to this new place?

Certainly.  But then we'd expect the change as Fabrice merged it to work.

DF