qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [WIN32] tftp issue

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [WIN32] tftp issue
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 21:45:47 +0200

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 01:07, Ronald wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi!

> tonight I decided to give a try to tftp transfert between a windows 98
> host and linux guest.
> First thing I had to deal with was how to pass the tftp_prefix, I figured
> out that omiting the drive letter and his preceding slash is the right way
> (ie exporting C:\temp to guest consist in passing -tftp /temp to qemu).
> The issue I had next was with file transfert, I can get some files
> completely and only the first bytes for some others.
> I don't know already on what it depends (size, file type ...?), but I
> thought I should let you know that.

Thank you for the report.

Please specify the version of QEMU and the name and version of the TFTP
client used by the guest. Or even better, provide a link to a
precompiled win32 snapshot of QEMU that behaves like you describe
together with a pointer to a bootable image if available on the net.

Thanks!

/ magnus