qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: QEMU won't load QCOW images under Windows

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: QEMU won't load QCOW images under Windows
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:53:44 -0300

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 21:25:42 +0200, Ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
> I can already says that raw image converted to qcow with qemu-img under
> linux actually works under windows, I've tried it 5 minutes ago.

Great! Now I can do some serious meta-hacking of booting a ISO image
of any Linux live CD, attaching a raw disk image containing qemu-img
binary for Linux, creating a baseless QCOW there, and moving the image
back to Windows.

Wee :D

(Point to be taken: QEMU on Linux mostly works, but it needs some care
to be really useful on Windows. That's why I'm focusing on it.)

--
"A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God"
Alan J. Perlis