qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] compile qemu for a G5

From: Fred Hope
Subject: [Qemu-devel] compile qemu for a G5
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 11:39:15 -0700

I recently posted this in the qemu users forum online, but I doubt it's going to get answered there...

I recently bought an iMac G5 (1.8 GHz, 1 gig of RAM), and ran the qemu release for OS X (0.6.0 I believe). When I tried to install Windows 98 SE, the installer always died right at the beginning, and when I tried to install SUSE Linux, it was just pretty slow. So I'm wondering if there's any options I could use to compile qemu for use with OS X on a G5 (i.e. specific ways to optimize it for use with a G5 and/or OS X). Or will qemu not run at all in OS X without being specifically modified to do so? (Keep in mind I know nothing about this type of coding, so I wouldn't be able to tweak the code myself).

Thanks,
Fred Hope