qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] windows installation

From: Ronald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] windows installation
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:44:09 +0200

Hi,

Today I have done a fresh install of win98 with qemu, I communicate some
results.
Host is athlon 1800+ with 512M of ram running linux.
command is time qemu -m 128 -localtime -enable-audio -user-net -cdrom
/dev/cdrom -hda /mnt/emu/win98_2.dsk -boot d
windows install is default one, time include restarts and the qemu session
runs from formatting C: to the point I am to halt the computer from the
start menu.
time output:
real    41m17.611s
user    37m45.469s
sys     0m53.090s

Windows estimate the install time to 39 minutes.

There a are two errors printed on the term during non plug n play
hardware detection:
sb16: empty output buffer
sb16: empty output buffer

sb16 is auto configured with address 0220-022F, irq 5, dma 1 and dma 7,
windows is reporting it as fully working, but there is no sound, dma must
be 5 instead of 7 to hear the startup sound.

A device is reported as non working:  Prise en charge de la gestion
d'énergie avancée (sorry I don't know how it's named in english)

Network card is detected, it gets C100-C1FF as address and irq 11
there is no need to configure anything in network properties to access the
web.