qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Re: [BROKEN] Windows host: -redir flag, console output,

From: Ronald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: [BROKEN] Windows host: -redir flag, console output, -nographic
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:51:07 +0200

Le Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:34:35 -0300, André Braga a écrit :

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:10:59 +0200, Ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I don't use cygwin, sorry if it seems a dumb question. Are you launching
>> X11 server before qemu? If tcp/6000 is already bound on host side, could
>> this prevent qemu to start?
>
> Now I'm feeling stupid ;D
>
> Sorry. Still, the console and -nographic are broken as described. If QEMU
> ever attempted to tell me that the port was in use, I never got the
> message...

For stdout I think the only way is to redirect output to a file, I know
this work for text output like help(perhaps it depends on SDL redirection
support). Windows has a something particular, a gui application don't have
a console with stdio attached by default, I remember there was a patch to
implement console support, kazu's qemu for windows used it.