qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: [BROKEN] Windows host: -redir flag, console out

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: [BROKEN] Windows host: -redir flag, console output, -nographic
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:06:06 -0300

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 20:51:07 +0200, Ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
> For stdout I think the only way is to redirect output to a file, I know
> this work for text output like help(perhaps it depends on SDL redirection
> support). Windows has a something particular, a gui application don't have
> a console with stdio attached by default, I remember there was a patch to
> implement console support, kazu's qemu for windows used it.

Hmm, that's what I meant by "SDL linking flag"...

Maybe this is blocking -nographic?

So I guess everything is there, except that I'll have to enable them
manually. Time to ressurrect my building environment on Windows...
*sigh*

Still, I don't think this is correct behavior. Not opening the initial
console causes QEMU on Windows not to:
1) display console output in case of option misuse, or -h
2) support -nographic

which is evil.

cheers,
A.

--
"A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God"
Alan J. Perlis