qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [WIN32] qemu fullscreen

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [WIN32] qemu fullscreen
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:47:05 -0300

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 03:08:37 +0200, Ronald <address@hidden> wrote:
> Me again,
>
> I've discovered that I can't go fullscreeen with qemu under windows.
> I have build sdl with directx support, I got headers from
> http://www.libsdl.org/extras/win32/common/
> When trying to go fullscren with ctrl-alt-f or launching with
> -full-screen, qemu just quit.
> Building SDL without directx support leads to a semi functionnal keyboard.
> For example Alt-Gr key on my french keyboard doesn't works and I can't
> enter characters like ~| or \.
> I've found that using software surface instead of hardware in
> sdl.c, changing line 59 to
> flags = SDL_SWSURFACE|SDL_ASYNCBLIT|SDL_HWACCEL;
> solve my fullscreen problem.

SDL_HWACCEL is not a SDL_SetVideoMode flag; it's in the code by mistake.

I'm *POSITIVE* that the fullscreen problem using SDL_HWSURFACE is
because the HW surface is not being locked. I still haven't found my
way into the correct part of the code, but if someone feels like
taking a look, this article describes the problem with HW surf.
locking:
http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2003/08/07/sdl_anim.html?page=2

Cheers,
A.

--
"A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God"
Alan J. Perlis