qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] new feature: attach a process to emulated serial port

From: Filip Navara
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] new feature: attach a process to emulated serial port
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 18:54:34 +0200

Derek Fawcus wrote:

Yeah - but they're the only interesting ones :-)  Hmm is it so easy
to connect process with a bi-dir like pipe on Windows (NT) machines?
Not one that I know about. CMD in W2K+ was extended to support some Unix-like semantics, but there's (still) nothing like mkfifo.

Forking is a more universal approach, as I see it.
Modulo the above proviso?  Is there the ability to create "proper" pipes between
processes on NT from native win32 code?
Yes! Search MSDN (msdn.microsoft.com) for "Creating a Child Process with Redirected Input and Output", "CreatePipe" and "CreateNamedPipe". Also standard POSIX-like "popen" is available.

Regards,
Filip