qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] X-Server Workaround

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] X-Server Workaround
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:11:07 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004, Philipp Gühring wrote:

> I have been reporting computer-crashes with Win2K and Linux Guests on my
> Linux Host.
>
> Now I found a workaround that seems to be stable:
>
> I have to tunnel the X session through SSH, and use the softmmu:

You *have* to use softmmu with Win2K guests! And also unpatched Linux
guests do not work otherwise!

I am quite sure this is described somewhere in the manual.

If tunnelling the X session really helps (try again with softmmu, but
without X tunnel), I doubt that the error lies with QEmu. I'd rather vote
for a bug in SDL.

Ciao,
Dscho