qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] softmmu thoughts

From: André Braga
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] softmmu thoughts
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:48:48 -0300

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 14:41:42 +0200, Fabrice Bellard <address@hidden> wrote:
> - This patch should work with qemu, not qemu-fast. The future of
> qemu-fast is to use a kernel module to have near native performances. It
> is not worthwhile to invest time in soft MMU or dynamic translation when
> you can just execute the code as is !

I hope I'm the only one confused here: does that mean that
qemu-softmmu won't be (as energically) developed anymore? Is the focus
being put on qemu-fast?

I really hope not :) The Solaris, Mac OS X, Windows, *BSD, BeOS (I'm
almost taking the plunge to port this one), SkyOS and whatnot people
would be truly thankful ;D

--
"A year spent in artificial intelligence is enough to make one believe in God"
   Alan J. Perlis