qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:14:32 +0400 (MSD)

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Martin Moeller wrote:

> L?rdag 23 oktober 2004 05:19 skrev malc:
> > Hello,
> >
> > At http://www.boblycat.org/~malc/code/patches/qemu/ you will find latest
> > audio patch (8_aqemu).
> >
> [ADlib support, but wrong license]
> Maybe you should take a look at DOSBox? It supports AdLib as well, along with
> general SB16 functionality I think. GPL license.

a. DOSBox uses exactly the same ymf262.c along with (_modified_) fmopl.c
   both by Jarek Burczynski (for MAME), and last time i checked the licensing
   issue wasn't clear at all.

b. SB16 in DOSBox is not as apt as Minde's (QEMU's) Plus uses completely
   different polling model.

c. The preffered license for hardware emulation in QEMU is MIT/BSD.

--
mailto:address@hidden