qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc system patch 12

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Sparc system patch 12
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:25:25 +0200

Hi,

I looked at the data sheets of the both chips and your driver. Good news is that all the 16-bit data structures used in Sparc are implemented in your driver. Bad news is that the endianness bit (CSR3 BSWP) is not implemented in either driver, and both assume different endianness.

Then there is Sparc-specific I/O MMU, which translates device virtual addresses issued by the DMA controller to physical ones. It needs to fix all memory accesses, but this is easy.