qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Audio
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:06:47 +0300 (MSK)

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Jason Brittain wrote:

> malc wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > At http://www.boblycat.org/~malc/code/patches/qemu/ you will find latest
> > (10_aqemu) audio patch.
>
> First, thanks for working on this!
>
> I patched my qemu with it.  The patch applied fine, built fine, and ran
> fine.  But, both before and after this patch, I still get no audio.
>
> Host:  Fedora Core 2 i386
> Guest: WinXP Corp.
>
> I'm using the -enable-audio command line switch to qemu.  Anything else
> I'd need to do?  XP finds no audio device at all.  Audio works fine
> in Fedora (natively).  And, I'm running no other applications that use
> the audio device while I run qemu to try it out.

What sound card and audio system (oss, alsa) do you use? Other guests
produce audio? Have you tried alternate audio output drivers
(QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=wav or sdl)? And also, i do not have WinXP license, so
there's relatively little i can do about it. Anybody else is having
problems with XP?

> Happy Halloween, and thanks again.  ;)

You are welcome.

--