qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Audio

From: zitu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Re: Audio
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:40:05 +0100

> Sound playing is ok, but shutdown of win98 guest locks qemu and X, I must
> switch to a tty and kill qemu, then relaunch it to get the mouse
> working back. With linux guest shutdown is ok.

First off, thanks for this patch. It allows windows hosts to also have sound
now from Qemu.

I believe the makefile should be changed, because ossaudio.c compilation
is not needed for windows hosts. But that's minor.

The shutdown pb related to sound card is observed with the following
guests: dos-6.22, win95osr, win98se.

Note that for dos, downloading a simple mod-player and a few test files,
letting it run, and then try to close qemu, one can hear that the audio
buffer is not fully clean when qemu tries to switch itself off. It then
usually hangs, and one has to kill the process by end. Brute force. :(

If you can reproduce this under freedos_guest on a linux_host, this
could help the debug of the audio driver.

Note that sb16 drivers from Creative install perfectly under dos :)

Zitu