qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows 2000 partition full solution?

From: Patrick Ale
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows 2000 partition full solution?
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:51:09 +0100

Hello Developers :D

I want to kick off with saying that I have no sense of programing and
am not trying to pretend I can program (I do know how to write hello
world in C withouth creating a seg. fault so yay on me) but I think I
should adress this thought on this list.

On the QEMU site I see that one of the known problems is that Windows
2000 says the partition is full. Now, I had this problem too and tried
to restart QEMU 4 times, still the same thing. I created the disk
image with: dd if=/dev/zero of=w2k.img bs=1M count=8096 (to create a
8GB disk).

Now, I tried reïnstalling Windows 2000 again but now with: dd
if=/dev/zero of=w2k.img bs=4096 count=2000000 and now it does work!

Could the diskfull problem have anything to do with the specified
blocksize for your image?.

Further I'd like to state that whenever you have a patch or bugfix
which needs extensive testing  I'd be more than happy to help testing
out and stuff.

Cheers,

Keep up the good work.

Patrick