qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows NT 4 Server cannot install in QEMU 0.6.0

From: Mark Scrivener
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: Windows NT 4 Server cannot install in QEMU 0.6.0
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 11:07:07 +1100

Le jeu 04/11/2004 à 09:46, Mike Swanson a écrit :
Actually.. I found a work a round to that problem. Apparently, it only
happens when you select the partition to be formatted as NTFS during
setup. The problem does not arise when selecting FAT.

Interesting,

There is many people with this problem since Ben NT patch fix :
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/qemu/qemu/hw/ide.c.diff?r1=1.26&r2=1.27

I tried (and others) successfully for w2k removing CVS line 1875 in
ide.c. Maybe you can try it with windows NT/NTFS and give us the result
here ?

Bye.

I use QEMU primarily to run Windows NT under Windows 2K. I believe Ben's NT patch was included in CVS as of 2004-10-09. I always select NTFS when installing Windows NT. I found that the -hdachs parameter is required to run QEMU after Windows NT has been installed. For a 1GB image I use "-hdachs 2031,16,63" and for a 2GB image I use "-hdachs 4063,16,63".

/Mark

Discover how everyone & everything in our world's connected: http://www.onebigvillage.com.au?&obv1=hotmail