qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] enabling bus-master IDE driver

From: zitu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] enabling bus-master IDE driver
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 16:45:48 +0100

Quoting Juergen Keil <address@hidden>:
> > WIN_WRITEDMA_EXT & WIN_READDMA_EXT cases are not defined in hw/ide.c
>
> Aha, and Windows uses these commands, on small HDDs <= 128GB ?

I realized after I wrote this email that WIN_WRITEDMA should be the
right command invoked. I added some printf, nope, it's never called.

WIN_READ on the contrary is always called. I'm poking around the
command now to make it like it's DMA'ed.

> The *_EXT versions are apparently for HDDs with capacities >128GB, these
> need 48-bit LBA addresses to access the HDD space over the 128GB mark.

I wrote my previous email too soon, without experimenting much. I'll be
more careful.

Zitu