qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.6.1 ISO boot bug on Windows hosts?

From: Garth Dahlstrom
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.6.1 ISO boot bug on Windows hosts?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:37:35 -0500

> I only have dsl-0.8.1.1 and can boot it without problems (dsl 2 vga=normal
> lang=fr dma) on win98/athlon1800.
> There is no special flags except for SDL ( CFLAGS='-O3 -pipe
> -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586', --enable-debug=no --disable-nasm
> --enable-directx=no).
> The only problem I have found is the keyboard (still AltGr), works for
> freedos and win98 guest but not for dsl.

I did some further poking around...
My P3 800 can run not boot linux past the isolinux prompt
(uncompressing kernel kills it, either in failsafe mode or as soon as
the video flips), this occurs if I boot from ISO or from a previously
working disk image.  Freedos boots and works okay, but can not be
closed.   When clicking on the window close X, neither Linux or
Freedos can close the QEMU window - the cpu shoots up to 100 and the
app can not close and must be forcefully terminated.

My 2 Pentium M laptops, which are about twice the clock speed, have no
problems booting or closing using the same install files (I copied
over the same crashing QEMU folder to one of them, and installed from
qemu-0.6.1.exe on the other and they both work).

There are a couple of differences I can think of...
The P3 800 is only XP SP1, this is an SMP machine (I'll try to boot it
with 1 CPU to see if that helps when I get back from work), and the
chip set only supports up to SSE1 I believe.

Both of my Laptops are XP SP2, single proc, and should do SSE2.

-Garth

--
Northern.CA ===--
http://www.northern.ca/