qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.6.1 ISO boot bug on Windows hosts?

From: Ronald
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: QEMU 0.6.1 ISO boot bug on Windows hosts?
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:17:54 +0100

Le Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:37:35 -0500, Garth Dahlstrom a écrit :

>> I only have dsl-0.8.1.1 and can boot it without problems (dsl 2
>> vga=normal lang=fr dma) on win98/athlon1800.
>> There is no special flags except for SDL ( CFLAGS='-O3 -pipe
>> -fomit-frame-pointer -march=i586', --enable-debug=no --disable-nasm
>> --enable-directx=no).
>> The only problem I have found is the keyboard (still AltGr), works for
>> freedos and win98 guest but not for dsl.
>>

> I did some further poking around...
> My P3 800 can run not boot linux past the isolinux prompt (uncompressing
> kernel kills it, either in failsafe mode or as soon as the video flips),
> this occurs if I boot from ISO or from a previously working disk image.
> Freedos boots and works okay, but can not be closed.   When clicking on
> the window close X, neither Linux or Freedos can close the QEMU window -
> the cpu shoots up to 100 and the app can not close and must be forcefully
> terminated.
>
> My 2 Pentium M laptops, which are about twice the clock speed, have no
> problems booting or closing using the same install files (I copied over
> the same crashing QEMU folder to one of them, and installed from
> qemu-0.6.1.exe on the other and they both work).
>
> There are a couple of differences I can think of... The P3 800 is only XP
> SP1, this is an SMP machine (I'll try to boot it with 1 CPU to see if that
> helps when I get back from work), and the chip set only supports up to
> SSE1 I believe.
>
> Both of my Laptops are XP SP2, single proc, and should do SSE2.
>
> -Garth

I have it running on a address@hidden (Coppermine Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 3)
with XP SP1 (5.1.2600 SP1 build 2600) 256M sdram, still with dsl-0.8.1.1,
boot ok, halt ok. Tried with the 0.6.1 and 0.6.1-fix, qemu -L .\bios -m
128 -locatime -user-net -enable-audio -cdrom I:\dsl.iso -boot d This let
me think that neither windows version nor specific extensions support is
an issue. The only thing I can see which is changed in the build process
is sdl.