qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] question for QEMU users

From: malc
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] question for QEMU users
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:30:46 +0300 (MSK)

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

Hi people,

I wanted to ask you this question:

What plugin for QEMU would you consider to buy and for what terms
(support etc) and how much would you pay?

Here are 2 options:

* Virtual IPAQ hardware emulator (all the hardware sans the ROM [legal reasons])
* X86 plugin (to make QEMU use kenel mode and have at least VMWare
speed and performance)
* Others (if you have suggestions - go ahead)..

Comments? Opinions? share with us..

Strange world we are living in, i myself wanted to post a list of things
that would be nice to have in QEMU and ask other readers of this ML about
their feelings. Despite being a big believer in 'Most of software should
be in public comain', i have to say that i'd buy many things, should they
be accessible in my country of origin, anyway here's my list (disordered):

a. UAE (http://www.freiburg.linux.de/~uae/) for QEMU
b. MPU401 support
c. DOSEmu like MFS support
d. Howto how to get (pardon tautology) networking to work under guest DOS
e. Timing in pckbd (but i know that it's Fabrice's itch too)
f. Better v/h-retrace (ditto)
g. Speaker support
h. ....

--