qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] WinXP running on QEmu 0.6.1

From: Bryan Hundven
Subject: [Qemu-devel] WinXP running on QEmu 0.6.1
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:56:14 -0800

Hello,

I installed XP on a qcow image. Installation went fine.
The installation reboots 2 times, then I am at the destop.
If I reboot the emulator, I get:

A disk read error occurred
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart

This seems to happen for both raw and qcow images.

I tried running my old win2k image on 0.6.1 and it did the same.

Now it doesnt boot in 0.6.0.

I have screenshots here:

The desktop on the first boot after install:
http://darkstar.livid.org/winxp-desktop.png

The error I get after rebooting from that point:
http://darkstar.livid.org/startuperror.png

--
Bryan Hundven