qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] touchpad problems

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] touchpad problems
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:45:31 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, [iso-8859-2] Piotr R. wrote:

> I am trying to use qemu/rfb patch9 but I cant get mouse working
> properly. I read that the solution is to use touchpad driver in
> absolute mode. I installed Synaptics driver for WinME guest OS and
> QEMU notified me of two unsupported kbd commands. I suppose these
> are used to configure touchpad.

There is no absolute coordinates with touchpad support yet. You might want
to write Jim about this; he started the touchpad patch and seemed to be
stuck somewhere.

As for the mouse: You can calibrate it by putting the mouse cursor
on an empty spot on the desktop and hit Ctrl+Alt+m. This is necessary as
the mouse driver of the guest OS accelerates the mouse (i.e. if QEmu says
that the mouse moved 20 pixels, the guest OS may move the mouse by 40
pixels). It is important the the spot be empty, because the mouse cursor
may not change throughout the calibration, and neither may some animations
be active (such as inversion of an icon by mouse-over), else the
calibration fails.

When I find more time, I will make the calibration much better, and
probably automatic as well.

Hth,
Dscho