qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] wishlist: new image format

From: Thomas Sattler
Subject: [Qemu-devel] wishlist: new image format
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:30:05 +0100

Hi there ...

Would it be possible to support squashfs images? I know a squashfs
enabled kernel within the image is needed, but it will not be enough,
qemu needs to know how to handle/boot this image. Right?

squashfs is a readonly, highly compressed filesystem. As it is readonly,
the "snapshot" option would be implicit. I have several images of
formerly used maschines which could be easily virtualizes via qemu.

For more information see http://squashfs.sourceforge.net/

Thomas