qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] building a virus-proof PC with Qemu

From: Magnus Damm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] building a virus-proof PC with Qemu
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:56:15 +0100

Hello again,

On Tue, 2004-11-23 at 13:44, Bochnig, Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> most of you know that: The easiest and most secure (100.00%) option
> imaginable is to boot from cd/dvd and to keep the registry (in case of
> m$-win) - or other files requiring write access - inside of a ramdrive.
> Works.

I think the idea is really nice, tried to convince some people employed
by the Swedish army about this two years ago. The Swedish army is very
picky about classified data and if a computer ever gets near classified
information the machine has to be marked as classified and then the
entire machine has to be handled very strictly. Booting from cdrom is
simple and effective.

Do you have any pointers how to do this with Windows (2k/XP) ?

Thanks!

/ magnus