qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to specify a password for an encryped image?

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to specify a password for an encryped image?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 00:46:51 +0100

Andras Kristof wrote:
Hi,

I know it's slightly off topic, but please help me out if you can.

When creating a new qemu disk image with the command:

qemu-img create -e -f qcow encrypt_test.img 1000M

Then how do you specify the password for the encrypted image?

You need to specify the password only when you use the disk image and you know it is incorrect only because bad data is read. I may add an option to check the password in the next versions.

Fabrice.