qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Has anyone got tun/tap network running on WinXp host / Linu

From: M. Khalid Khan
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Has anyone got tun/tap network running on WinXp host / Linux guest ?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:11:21 -0600

I must confess my ignorance but I'm having no luck in setting up a tun/tap network between WinXP host and Suse Linux guest. BTW user-net is working great but I need the emulated system to be a full fledged server. From what I can gather by reading the docs and messages, QEMU needs a script to setup tun/tap network ( by default /etc/qemu-ifup ). Unless I totally missed it, this script must be on the host OS. Now my host OS being WinXP, I don't have any "/etc" or any linux like scripts. Is there an alternate script/batch file for Windows? If not, what is the alternative?
Care to help.
Khalid

PS: I really appreciate what is being done, keep up the good work.