qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: question for QEMU users

From: Richard Neill
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Re: question for QEMU users
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:22:33 +0000

Emmanuel Charpentier wrote:
Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:

Hi people,

I wanted to ask you this question:

What plugin for QEMU would you consider to buy and for what terms
(support etc) and how much would you pay?

Not-so-frivolous idea : have decent sound input support, so one might (at last !) install some Winxx setup and Windows speech recognition software. This is a thing I learned to enjoy (due to a broken arm some times ago) and never been able to run under Linux.

                    Emmanuel Charpentier

I second that. I'd like to be able to run Dragon Naturally Speaking under guest XP using Linux as the host. That would need sound input from the Mic (with Mic boost enabled). [Also, ideally, Qemu would share the sound card with the host OS, rather than taking an exclusive lock on it]

I'm quite prepared to contribute the £99 I'd otherwise have to spend on VMWare.

Other features I'd like to see are the ability to run at 1600x1200 resolution, and support for a wheel mouse.

Regards

Richard