qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: RE: Patches: -pidfile and -vncport

From: Felipe Sanchez
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: RE: Patches: -pidfile and -vncport
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:59:30 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, [iso-8859-2] Piotr R. wrote:

> A patch for explict setting of vnc port has already been posted 19
> Nov 2004.

It seems to me that you went kinda the complicated way to archieve the
same thing ;-). And you let the default behavior be whatever libvnc's
default is (Currently to always use port 5900) which isn't necessarily a
good thing. The patch I sent is a bit less complex and also sets the
default to be autoPort=TRUE which is saner for Qemu's system emulation
needs IMHO. I hadn't noticed that there already was a patch however  :-)
Feel free to take whatever you need from mine if you want to.

> If anyone successfully used mouse in QEMU/VNC combo please let me
> know how :)

I use it regularly. And yes, it gets out of sync every so often. I'm
working on an auto-calibration patch. I will post it here as soon as it's
finished.