qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris 8 keyboard issues on 0.6.1

From: Bochnig, Martin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Solaris 8 keyboard issues on 0.6.1
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 11:05:23 +0100

Joel Konkle-Parker wrote:

I'm trying to install Solaris 8 x86 on Qemu 0.6.1. I'm booting with -isa and going through all the default screens (pressing F2, arrows, space)

When the install system boots, it asks for language selection and asks for the user to type a number. When I do so, nothing shows up on the console. When I press enter, I get a repeating series of the letter 'a'.

Configuring the keyboard differently when I boot the cd makes no difference.

Anyone else get this working successfully?

Solaris 9 x86 04/04 (or later) and Solaris 10 x86 guests should work "out of the box".

You may obtain them for free (download) from
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/10/
or
http://wwws.sun.com/software/solaris/9/
respectively.