qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SAMBA support in QEMU

From: Felipe Sanchez
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SAMBA support in QEMU
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 12:21:43 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Adrian Smarzewski wrote:

> Adrian Smarzewski wrote:

> Copyright Andrew Tridgell and the Samba Team 1992-2004
> file_init: Information only: requested 10000 open files, 1004 are available.
> bind failed on port 445 socket_addr = 0.0.0.0.
>
> I think smb support is "root-only" or is near it :(
> Any ideas?

Using sudo comes to mind. The docs already suggest it's use for
configuring the tun interfaces when not using -user-net. It might rise
some security issues if not properly configured ( sudo + smbd I mean)
though.

Anyway, I don't think the auto-smb-config is such a terribly good idea.
I'd just better define some properly secured shares in the main samba
smb.conf for the computer.

As for the tun config, btw, maybe it'd make more sense using the patches
for specifying the tun interfaces to use in the command line that Lars
Munch posted a couple of weeks ago.