qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Keymap Problem: Host: OSX, Guest: Linux

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Keymap Problem: Host: OSX, Guest: Linux
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:00:21 +0100

Hi,

I just commited the support for keyboard maps based on Johannes Schindelin's patch. I am interested to know if it works for non PC users.

Fabrice.

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004, Karl Magdsick wrote:

I use Dvorak key mapping in OS X and standard U.S. qwerty key mapping
in the guest OS.  I end up getting normal Dvorak behavior in the guest
OS.

I don't know about umlauts in Dvorak, but I don't see any way that
standard U.S. mapping in the guest OS works with umlauts.

What you are seeing is the effect of qemu on Mac OS X assuming that you
have American keyboard layout.