qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] FreeBSD 5.3 guest fdc and ed0 problems

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [Qemu-devel] FreeBSD 5.3 guest fdc and ed0 problems
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 00:15:46 +0100

I just spoke to someone on irc who tried FreeBSD 5.3 in qemu and didnt
get ed0 (ne2k) working.  I cannot reproduce that problem but in the
course of helping him getting a dmesg out of the guest,
        http://www.rafb.net/paste/results/prm9z651.html
(his kernel probed ed0 on irq 11, is that the reason?  i always
get it on irq 9) we discovered that the floppy driver stopped working.
Looking at cvs i see that there was a new floppy driver committed to
RELENG_5 on Sep 18 (1.283.2.1) which i suspect is the reason,
        http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/fdc/fdc.c

 So if anyone has ideas about any of these problems...

        Juergen