qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] softmmu thoughts

From: Piotras
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] softmmu thoughts
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:54:04 +0100

Hi!

I'm attaching a new patch based on your suggestions. On my machine
nbench gives:
    memory index: 37% up
    integer index: 36% up
    fp index: 4% up

The patch is divided in three files to simplify review. Part 1 contains
mostly rearrangement existing code necessary for the patch. Part 2
adds the new mmu mode. Part 3 contains heuristic to optimize
performance of iomem and self modifying code.

To test the patch create a build directory and run:
 > tar -zxf _PATH_TO_qemu-0.6.1.tar.gz
 > tar -zxf _PATH_TO_linux-test-0.5.1.tar.gz
 > cd qemu-0.6.1
 > ./configure --target-list=i386-softmmu
 > gunzip < _PATH_TO_mmu-part1.patch.gz | patch -p1
 > gunzip < _PATH_TO_mmu-part2.patch.gz | patch -p1
 > gunzip < _PATH_TO_mmu-part3.patch.gz | patch -p1
 > make
 > ./i386-softmmu/qemu -m 64 -L pc-bios -hda ../linux-test/linux.img

Last but not least. I'd like to acknowledge Magnus contribution -- VM
setup code is derived from his work.

Regards,

Piotrek