qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Sparc patch 16

From: Blue Swirl
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Sparc patch 16
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 13:49:47 +0100

Hi,

What's new:
* Serial ports updated. With a suitably enhanced Proll (not included, too ugly) you can use the serial ports for prom console. * Interrupt controller and timer updated, it should be trivial to add support for max. 16 CPUs. * There is a bug in bypass load and store instructions: if -nographic flag is set, the cpu_physical_memory_set_dirty etc. can corrupt memory. We would need something between ldl/stl_raw and ldl/stl_kernel that bypasses the MMU entirely but still can use memory-mapped I/O. Fabrice? * Gave a shot at linux-user for sparc. Signals cause the handler to be called. On return from handler, the trampoline put to stack by qemu is executed, causing a sigreturn system call. Even that works (the registers are same as before the signal), but when the glibc function raising the signal in the first place returns, the CPU wants to jump to trampoline again.

Fabrice, it would be nice to get the most of this merged so that the patch doesn't get too large. I can split it or whatever, if you give me some direction.