qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Forum news

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Forum news
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 23:57:45 +0100

Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
Hi People,

I found a bit of time tonight to do some upgrades to my hosted virtual machine..

I updated the phpBB forum to 2.0.11 with the security fixes, and
decided to add the option to add attachments..

You can now add patches, screenshots, logs, whatever you think will
interest the QEMU community to the "Patches Repository". I limited the
attachment upload to 50K and limited the file acceptance to source
code, patches, and graphical format (not including flash, video etc)..

If you're posting a patch, please follow the following steps:

1. Make sure you have a unified patch (you can create one with the
command: diff -u orig-file modified-file > diff.patch). If it's big,
gzip (or bzip) it (that way many browsers won't open it directly into
the browser window).
2. Try to make the patch work with the latest version of QEMU (either
my snapshots or CVS, or the latest official release).
3. Add some instructions how to apply, any new command line syntax and
explanations..
4. Add your email address to your post so people can contact you..
5. If your posted patches were committed to the CVS, please add a note
to the post (or email me and I'll do it for you).

Comments are always welcome ;)

Note: you should also send the patches to the qemu-devel mailing list so that I can more easily look at them...

Fabrice.