qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported

From: Phil Krylov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Mac keyboard not supported
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 21:36:05 +0300

Hello Laurent,

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:40:07 +0100, Laurent Amon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if other mac users have trouble using their mac
> keyboards with current CVS.

Yes, I am using a Mac OS X 10.3.7 on TiBook 800 with a US English
layout, and no letters are showing up, only digits, some punctuation,
and cursor keys work. On press/release of non-working keys, messages
like these appear in the terminal:

Warning: no scancode found for keysym 171
Warning: no scancode found for keysym 171
Warning: no scancode found for keysym 172
Warning: no scancode found for keysym 172
Warning: no scancode found for keysym 310
Warning: no scancode found for keysym 310
Warning: no scancode found for keysym 27
Warning: no scancode found for keysym 27

However, it's possible to input letters in DOS/Windows guests by their
ascii code, pressing fn-option-(numpad keys).

> Has anybody written a mac (french or us) keymap file?

I was going to do that when I have time and if noone does it before.

Ph.