qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] NE2000 vs Realtek-8029 on WfW 3.11 and NT4

From: Antony T Curtis
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] NE2000 vs Realtek-8029 on WfW 3.11 and NT4
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 23:43:25 +0000

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 21:23, Johannes Martin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004, Friedemann Baitinger wrote:
> > I also have an OS/2 Warp 4 installed. Networking didn't work with NE2000
> > either. I have _not_ yet tried the realtek there, not even sure wheter a
> > realtek driver exists for OS/2 but in case somebody is really
> > struggling, you might give it a try. If I find the time to test it I'll
> > certainly report the results here.
> I had mixed success with OS/2 Warp. It worked sometimes (with -isa) only.
>
> I finally decided to hook up a pppd on the host OS through the virtual
> serial port in OS/2 and got networking to work that way. I posted some
> patches to get qemu communicate with pppd and similar programs a few
> months ago.

That is the reason why I wrote the AMD PCNet-II compatible network
adaptor. It works great with the driver for OS/2, and worked IMO better
with other operating systems I tried running in qemu.

--
Antony T Curtis, BSc.                   UNIX, Linux, *BSD, Networking
address@hidden            C++, J2EE, Perl, MySQL, Apache